- Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in Business Administration, Public Administration, Economics, Finance or Accounting and four years of experience managing an accounting operation.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and a Certified Public Accounting certificate with four (4) years Public Accounting experience with supervisory experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree with an emphasis in Accounting or Finance and seven (7) years managing an accounting or finance operation.
Equivalency Process: If an applicant believes to possess equivalent qualifications to the stated minimum qualifications for this position, applicants are required to provide a separate equivalency statement along with the required application materials. Applicants must provide the following evidence that support being equivalent to the stated minimum qualifications for this position:
- Detailed work history with employment references
- Transcript(s) from an accredited institution
- Certificates and/or other related documents
- Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, ethnic, and disability backgrounds of community college.
- Audit and Fund Accounting experience in a public sector business such as a California School District.
- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems experience.
The starting salary for the Vice President of Finance and Administrative Services is negotiable based on experience. A robust benefits package compliments the salary package.
Kern Community College District provides a rich health and welfare benefits package to our full-time permanent employees, including Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, and Long-term Disability. In addition to the above benefits, the District also offers a robust voluntary benefits selection.
Initial Screening Date: February 4, 2022