Cerro Coso Community College


Financial Aid for Military, Veterans, and Dependents

Financial Aid

You can receive both VA educational benefits and financial aid by filling out the FAFSA. You may be eligible for federal, state and/or institutional grants, loans and scholarships in addition to your VA educational benefits. In some cases, your financial aid can be affected by your VA educational benefits, but by filling out the FAFSA, you will maximize your funding for school. The FAFSA is available starting October 1 for the following academic year and the priority deadline to be considered for state and institutional grants is March 2 – so don’t forget to complete the FAFSA early. You are also encouraged to apply for additional outside scholarships, visit the Cerro Coso Scholarship page for a list of some scholarships available for students. For further questions about the FAFSA and financial aid, please contact the Financial Aid Department or the VA School Certifying Official.

CalVet Fee Waiver

The College Fee Waiver for Veteran Dependents benefit waives mandatory system-wide tuition and fees at any State of California Community College, CSU, or UC campus. This program does not cover the expense of books, parking or room and board. To obtain eligibility requirements, please contact your local County Veterans Service Office or call the California Department of Veterans Affairs at (916) 503-8397.

Cerro Coso College participates in the Federal Student Aid program with the office of the Department of Education and meets all requirements under the Program Participation Agreement. This agreement complies with the laws, regulations, and policies governing the Federal Student Aid programs. Training has been received by the CEO and financial aid administrator who oversees the training of the Financial Aid Technicians and Assistants which is on ongoing, while access is granted based on security classes and registration with the U.S. Federal Government. 

Cerro Coso Community College is approved by the California State Approving Agency to enroll veterans and other eligible persons.

GI Bill® is registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).